Pages

Sunday 27 February 2011

Test Day

When I was a student, the words "test day" filled me with anxiety.  At best, they meant hours of review.  At worst, they mean hours of review resulting in disappointing grades.  Now, though, test day means something else entirely. Every Sunday, I test the dishes that will be offered in the coming week's menu. 

Testing the week's menu allows me to adjust seasonings in the dishes, make my grocery list for the week, and to plan my prep and cooking time.  It also produces a completed dish that I can photograph for use on my menus and my Facebook page.  Best of all, though, it fills my house with the wonderful scents of home cooking and provides us with an excellent lunch that we can enjoy on a leisurely Sunday afternoon.  I love test day!

No comments: