Pages

Monday 25 June 2012

News of the Day

This lovely woman is my sister-in-law Leanne.  


Leanne and my niece Brooklynne are both enthusiastic highland dancers.  They've been very busy the past few weeks; preparing for their end-of-year recital, and fund raising to take their troupe - Kathy White Highland Dancers - to compete in Scotland.  Leanne has been pitching in tirelessly, manning hot dog sales, instructing young dancers, practicing, and helping to both organize and promote the troupe's performances.


Their upcoming trip has me thinking about all things Scottish.

Whenever I want to do a little armchair traveling, National Geographic comes to mind.  Today I enjoyed this photo gallery, showing a group of diverse Scottish images


and made a special trip, just to the Hebrides.


I also enjoyed some beautiful, contemporary watercolour paintings through the virtual gallery at The Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour.


Of course, no trip would be complete for me without visiting a kitchen or two.
I read some entertaining posts and recipes at A Wee bit of Cooking


and explored the wide range of recipes on the Rampant Scotland website.


I finished my visit with a tour of the Royal Botanic Garden in Edinburgh.


All in all a lovely day!
I traveled a long way.

Time to call it a day and bid you all a good night.
Thanks for joining me.

No comments: