Pages

Monday 14 March 2016

I'm Back....Again

I may well be the most on-again/off-again blogger in the world. but here I am back again.

My life has changed a lot over the past couple of years.  I left my office job to care for my husband during his final illness and then, after I lost him, began adjusting to life alone after 34 years of marriage.

I doubt that anyone can make that journey and remain unchanged. I know I'm certainly I'm not the person I used to be. 

My priorities are very different now. "Stuff" is much less important than it once was and experiences are key.  I've come to believe that life is much too short to spend any more time than you absolutely have to on things you don't enjoy.

With that in mind, I've dithered a lot about returning to blogging and social media.  Being present on line has brought a lot of really interesting, intelligent, caring people into my life.  I enjoy my conversations on social media, I learn a lot from the people I interact with, and I love to write, but I don't love the amount of time and self-promotion required to establish and sustain a commercially successful online presence.

So...

I'm going to follow my own lights on this one. If I write on a regular basis, have good conversations on social media, and learn something new each day, I'll have achieved my goals.  

You'll see me on line on weekdays but not on weekends, and my posts will be less frequent than they once were, but - as always - the focus will be on sharing good content in a positive, welcoming environment, with plenty of good conversation.  

I hope you'll drop by just as if you were visiting a friend, and that you'll encourage your friends to join the conversation too.

I learn so much from you guys!  I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Here's where to find me:
On Blogger.com at A Word From Aunt B, Aunt B on a Budget, B on Balance, and B-attitude,
On Facebook at Aunt B's Kitchen and B on Balance,
On Google+, on Twitter, and on Pinterest.